Arthritis is portrayed as a rather simple disease. In fact there are several interlinked causes of arthritis. Once you understand them better, you’ll understand why some food supplements fail and why effective treatment and relief is really possible.
It’s not age!
The chances of suffering with osteoarthritis may increase with age, but it is clearly not caused by age in itself. Most people develop osteoarthritis in just a few joints – yet all their joints are the same age!
Osteoarthritis develops when the rate of cartilage breakdown exceeds the rate of cartilage regeneration.
It’s about cartilage breakdown and regeneration
Along with almost every tissue in the body, cartilage is continually recycled. As old cartilage is broken down, new cartilage is being created. As long as these processes are in balance, your joints remain healthy. The problems start when wear exceeds repair.
Cartilage is the flexible connective tissue that forms a protective cap over bones, where they meet to form joints. It’s a ‘shock absorber’ that allows the smooth movement of one bone against another.
As cartilage begins to break down, painful bony spurs often form, which are an attempt by the body to stabilise the damaged joint. To become more data click here Health supplements
Most people with arthritis have some restricted motion in a joint or joints – which along with inflammation is a cause of pain. They will benefit from gentle manipulation of these joints – ideally by another person. That ensures the alternating compression and expansion of the cartilage which, in turn, ensures the essential inflow of nutrients and outflow of wastes.
You can help reduce restricted motion through hot baths, heat therapy, massage and stretching.
Stretching works muscles and tendons which are meant to be elastic, rather than the ligaments that bind cartilage to bone and which are not designed to be elastic.
Recent research also shows that certain electrical frequencies can stimulate cartilage regeneration. Ultrasound therapyhas been used for rheumatoid arthritis for some time and is increasingly being used for osteoarthritis, as it can stimulate deep heat. This heat increases blood flow and nutrient delivery to the tissues surrounding the joint. Ultrasound also may stimulate new collagen formation.
A safe and effective natural plan for osteoarthritis relief
A successful and complete non-drug osteoarthritis plan therefore should include:
1. Physical actions that include gentle manipulation of affected joints and frequent moderate exercise like walking and stretching. Investigate heat treatment, and perhaps ultra-sound.
2. An anti-inflammatory diet which promotes joint health specifically and overall health generally.
3. Stress relief exercise and breaks throughout the day.
4. Capsaicin gel if pain is extreme and you find it helps.
5. A comprehensive health supplement that includes not just A-Z vitamins and minerals but optimum levels of vitamin E and vitamin D3, the natural anti-inflammatory nutrients Omega 3, grapeseed and green tea extract plus anti-oxidants.
6. A specific supplement for joints that should include curcumin, vitamin D and K, and glucosamine to provide the building blocks for cartilage repair. To get additional facts click the link Health supplements online